Hello! My name is Stephanie Lifton and I am the photographer here at Belly Rubs Photography.
Animals are my passion; photography is my art. One day I decided to put the two together and Belly Rubs Photography was born.
As a licensed veterinarian for over 25 years, I have spent most of my life working with animals and the people that love them. My intimate knowledge of the human-animal bond informs and permeates my photography. My experience with a wide variety of animal personalities allows me to capture images that celebrate the unique spirit of each pet.
Here are a few random bits of trivia about me . . .
1. If I were a dog, I'd be a Border Collie.
2. In addition to photography, I love reading, hiking, camping, yoga, and going on adventures with my kids.
3. My favorite book is "He She It" by Marge Piercy and my favorite poet is e.e. cummings.
4. I never gave up my childhood love of horses.
5. I did agility with my dog, Lilly, until an injury ended her jumping career. Now we visit 9-1-1 call centers as part of a pet therapy program.
6. "The Amazing Race" is my guilty pleasure.
7. I have now successfully taught a teenager to drive.
8. The mountains are calling me, loudly!
9. I am slightly obsessed with whales.
10. I believe in making the world a better place.